Interviews with the CoH2 development team reveal that Russian winter will add some new and exciting features to the game.
- Snow will impede unit movement dramatically
- Footsteps and vehicle tracks leave a history of what’s passed through the area
- Snipers’ must be weary to not leave footprints as they will soon be tracked down by following their tracks
- ‘Blizzards’ set in cause unit hypothermia. Units then display a temperature bar and they must find cover or build a fire before they succumb to the elements
- There will be an incentive to use transport vehicles as they provide faster means to traversing the snow and masking unit numbers through reducing footprints, however you then run the risk of loosing a whole squad to one well-placed AT round
- Lakes will freeze over and open choke points , you can also lay explosives to break the ice and send the enemy to the bottom. This ice will then freee back over as the game progresses
Company heroes 2 is set to be released in early 2013.